7 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Saffron
Posted on 22 February 2017
7 Amazing Beauty Benefits of Saffron:-
- Cures acne: Saffron has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties which make it an ideal ingredient for treating acne. Those having acne prone skin must make a paste of a pinch of saffron and 3-4 basil leaves by grinding both the ingredients together. The paste should be applied on the affected skin area and leave it to dry on its own before washing it off with water. With regular application of this paste your acne will disappear very soon.
- Heals scars: Saffron has healing properties that fastens up the healing process of wounds and removes scars and spots for a blemish free skin tone. As it is a rich source of exfoliating properties, it easily removes scars and spots left behind from old wounds or cuts or acne eruptions.
- Encourages hair growth: Hair fall can be successfully treated with saffron oil. To treat hair fall, mix one pinch of saffron with licorice powder and milk. Apply this mixture on the bald patches of your scalp. The antioxidant potency of saffron will help promote hair follicle growth which in turn replaces lost or damaged hair with healthier and more lustrous hair.
- Gives glowing skin: Saffron has amazing skin lightening properties that proactively promotes healthier and glowing skin. Adding few strands of saffron in a glass of milk before drinking it helps to give you a glowing complexion. You can even make a face mask by adding 2-3 strands of saffron to one teaspoon of sandalwood powder, and 2 teaspoons of milk. Apply this paste on to a clean and freshly washed, moist face and massage thoroughly using small circular motions with the tips of your finger. Allow to dry on your face for about 20 minutes and rinse. This mask freshens up dull skin instantaneously and gives you a smooth and glowing skin. Use this face mask once every week for a radiant and glowing complexion.
- Improves skin complexion: Saffron is also known to lighten the skin tone. What it does is improve the quality of your skin by removing the dirt and impurities. Massage your face with milk cream mixed with few strands of saffron. You can also mix few strands of saffron with olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil to massage your skin. Massaging your face with any of the two mixtures will give you lighter and softer skin.
- Removes suntan: Suntan can make your skin complexion look really bad. Now you can get rid of the tan from your skin with saffron. Soak a few strands of saffron in milk cream and steep overnight. Blend this in the morning with your fingers and apply on the affected area. This will lighten your tan effectively. It has the added benefit of adding a glow to your skin as well.
- Tones the skin: A toner is used after cleansing the skin. If you want a natural one, mix saffron in rose water and let it give its color to it. After that, dab it on the face with a cotton ball. Many women add strands of saffron to their hot bath water and bathe in it. This keeps the skin look young for a longer time.